Attendees: Manal Yostos, Manal Ezz, Mervat Roufaeel, Murium Shehata, Mona Bissada, Mariam Gerges, Reem, Randa, Nelly, Dalia, Galil, John Rizk, Rasha, Souzy R., Fiby, Hossam, Mariana, Marian Ghabour, Ayman, George S. (Total: 20 servants)
Theme: "And do not be conformed to this world, but BE TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2)
- It is very important to include different strategies to make Sunday School more effective.
- In general, people retain 10% of what they listen to, 20% of what they read and 30% of what they see. Therefore, in order to maximize the amount of information kids retain from a Sunday School lesson, we need to have a mix of all of these items in our activities.
- A general rule, kids attention in minutes = Age + 7 (example, a 10 year old child can focus on one thing for no more than 17 minutes). Hence it is important to have varied activities related to the topic we are trying to teach to help them retain the information.
We talked about "TARGET" where we as servants can focus on the first 4 items (TARG) and God completes the other 2 (ET):
- T = Testament (We need to have a Word of God component from the Bible).
- A = Audience (We need to have something to share with the Audience; Visual, Audio, Reading, etc. A mix is always good to reach kids with different learning styles).
- R = Realistic (We need to share a realistic story that they can relate to like Christ shared parables with people to understand the teachings).
- G = Games (We need to have some type of game for the kids to participate in and make the lesson interesting).
- E = Effect (God gives the grace for our work to take effect. Remember to "LIVE WHAT YOU PREACH" because kids are very sensitive to this).
- T = Transformation (God is the only one able to truly Transform peoples hearts).
Moving forward we agreed on the following:
- All servants attending in a class should take the time to plan for the SS class lesson, not only the servant delivering the lesson.
- Each group of class servants and floater servants to sit together at the end of every class for 15-20 minutes and plan the next SS lesson. Creative ideas come easier when more than one person are discussing a topic. This will also help all servants to be on the same page during the lesson.
- The servant who is leading the lesson, need to start as early as possible and take the time to come up with ideas for the lesson and share it with other servants. Preparing the night before or the day of the service is not recommended.
May the lord bless all your lives, families, homes and service.
This Sunday, Sept. 15th we will have an all-servants meeting. This is an important meeting for everyone to participate-in as it will be the last one before we start the new classes on Sept 21st.
Start time: 12:30 PM (After liturgy)
Finish time: 2:00 PM
- Group Payer and Hymn
- General session for overall distribution, organization, class locations and plan
- Break-out session for each group with their respective coordinator to discuss plans for the new year:
- Nancy - Babies to grade 3
- Fiby - Grades 4-6
- Amir - Grades 7-11
- Steve - Grades 12 - Youth
Please make every effort to attend and share with your prayers and input for the success of this service.
Get ready for an activity filled Summer
Please sign-up by June 30th, 2019. Fill out the form here: Grade 8 - 12 Summer Activities (Defunct)
|Friday July 5th|
Start of Summer Activities (occurs every friday)
|Friday July 26th||Spend the day at an outdoor activity|
|August 2nd - 5th|
NWCYC convention for grades 9 and up.
Note early bird price ends on June 25th. So sign up early
|August 16th||Spend the day at an outdoor activity|
|August 23rd - 25th||Grade 9-10 Retreat|
|August 30th||Last day of Summer activity|
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous (1 Peter 3:8)
Friday Summer Activity General Layout
The Fridays which we're not outside the day will look as follows
|7:30pm||Ice breaker all together||Fun activity that we can all do when we meet.|
20-30mins Bible study
|8:30pm||Topic Activity||Main Topic activity. Fun activity with a purpose|
|9:00pm||Games/Tournaments||Dodge-ball, card games, basketball, etc|
|10:00pm||Conclusion to the day|
10 mins conclusion for the day
Fill out the form here for outing suggestions: Grade 8 - 12 Outdoor Activities Suggestion Form
Multiple announcements to follow
Announcement 1: June 15th, 4:30 PM, All-Servants' Meeting
We would like to hold an all-Servants' Spiritual Meeting June 15th starting 4:30 PM ending with the start of Sunday School for the young classes and Asheya. This would be an opportunity for all of us to get together. Please add this to your calendars. We look forward to having you all there and the details will follow.
Announcement 2: June 22, New Sunday School Time
As you may know, we have been looking at different options to have all Sunday School classes after Asheya. Unfortunately, there isn't a solution which alleviates all concerns. So, after looking at many options, we are moving forward with the following starting June 22:
- Grade 11/12 class will move to Sunday after liturgy. This should work better for the kids in that group and they will be separate from the older youth group
- Grade 8 will move to the Gym and occupy the back half.
- Grade 9/10 class will move to the Gym and will occupy the front half
- The attached graphic shows the locations of the classes. PLEASE checkout where your class may be, inspect the space to be ready for your kids.
Announcement 3: June 22, Starting Servants Prayer Meeting
Starting June 22, we will start holding a prayer assembly every Saturday 8:45 PM to 9:15 PM in Nelly's class.
We need much prayer for the service to be successful and fruitful and we have a PROMISE that our prayers together can move mountains. We know it is difficult for everyone to attend everytime, but please do your best to participate. May the Lord listen and give us success for the sake of our kids.