During this difficult times and since we do not know how long this isolation will last, we need to strive and continue our Sunday School services as much as possible. Here are things we all need to do and please feel free to discuss with your stage coordinator as needed.
- Please pray daily for our kids, families and church.
- We know each servants group has started some form of bible readings, memorization, quizzes through Kahoot and similar. Thank you! Please continue to give your kids something to do on a regular basis.
- This is also a time where each home needs to affirm its position as a Church. So, we need to encourage the families to be active participants in their kids spiritual life and learning.
- Please remember the scriptures: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12). We need to encourage families to ensure the Word of God is always read in their kids ears and let it do its work. This has been and will always be the best method.
- Continue following the curriculum as much as possible. Each class servants group to structure the curriculum lesson such that it has:
- Bible reading which can read alone or with their parents.
- Activity to do where possible.
- Some memorization verse, psalm or similar.
- If possible, prepare something to share with the kids over a weekly online conference (More on this later).
- Each class servants group to divide all kids among themselves and ensure we call them once every one or two weeks to ask how they are doing and if they praying and reading their bibles. Encourage the kids to all pray our Lord allows this time to pass safely.
- When we call, encourage the parents to read with their children their assigned bible reading.
- For the older groups (grades 7-University), they are finding it exceptionally difficult, being bored with lots of time on their hands. This can lead to dangerous idle activities. We are especially asking the servants of these grades to keep in touch with their kids, encourage them to stay safe, have patience and recommend suitable bible readings.
- For the Coptic Identity team, please arrange with each group coordinator on how to reach out to each class or group.
- We have decided to use ZOOM App as a method to reach out to our kids in groups. It is fairly easy to setup and we have access to a free version (limited to 40 minutes per session) and we also have also purchased paid subscriptions for sessions which need to be more than 40 minutes. These will need to be scheduled because they have to be used for one meeting at a time. Separate communications and instructions on how to set it up will follow.
May our Lord allow this time to pass and return us to his church in the near future.