May our Lord allow this time to pass and return us to his church in the near future.
The following message will be sent to all the church congregation via email:
A message from Sunday School services:
As we go through this difficult time of isolation and since we are not sure how long it will last, it is important for us to affirm our homes as small Churches for our Lord and continue our Sunday School services, albeit in a different format.
Please remember the scriptures: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).
So, first and foremost; we are encouraging all families to ensure the Word of God is always read in their kids ears and let it do its work. This has been and will always be our best tool to bring our kids to Christ.
We will evolve this as we proceed but here are some things which we are planning and asking families for help to support the spiritual growth of all of our children:
- Please read the Bible and pray together daily with your children. No matter how young or how old, it is never too early or too late to start.
- Class servants are structuring each Sunday School curriculum lesson such that it has:
- Bible reading which can read by the child alone or with the parents.
- Activities, quizzes or similar to do where possible.
- Some memorization verse, psalm or similar.
- Where possible, something to share with the kids over an online conference. To that end, each class servants will be reaching out to their kids/families as appropriate.
- There has been and will continue to be communication from each classroom servants group for Sunday School sessions and/or activities for your children to participate in. Please continue to monitor this communication and encourage the children to participate.
- If you have any concerns, please reach out to your child’s classroom servants and discuss as needed.
Please pray for the Sunday School services and may our Lord Jesus Christ allow this time to pass and return us to his church in the near future.
God Bless and Best Regards,
Sunday School Services Team